Violation of Probation

If you have been charged with violation of probation, you should have a lawyer represent you for this proceeding.

You will be scheduled for a violation of probation hearing in front of your sentencing judge. The judge can send you to jail for violating your probation. But the judge does not have to give you all of your suspended jail time. And, you have the right to defend yourself against the allegations made by the Division of Parole and Probation at this hearing.

You can also plead not guilty and force the prosecution to prove your guilt with evidence. You will need a good attorney to challenge the prosecution's case. There are often good defense available to charges of violation of probation.

Andrew and Cynthia MacDonald routinely represent clients charged with violation of probation. If we can't get your charges dismissed, we will plea bargain with the prosecution and try to get you the best possible sentence.

Call our lawyers in Salisbury, Maryland, at 410-713-4465, toll free 866-242-3785. Or email us your questions using this online form.