During these uncertain times, you may be asking yourself what you can do to prepare. Now, more than ever, it is important to conduct calm, careful planning. It is time to do the most you can to plan for personal and financial well-being for you and your family. This preparation should include a careful review of your estate plan with your Maryland estate planning attorney.
You should be asking yourself the following questions:
- Who will make medical and financial decisions for me if I become severely ill and unable to make those decisions myself?
- Who will take care of my minor children in the event of my death?
- Who will manage the life insurance and other assets I will leave to my spouse and children?
- What can I do to plan for the care of family members with special needs, my pets or other vulnerable loved ones?
- How will my business continue if I become seriously ill and unable to work?
- How will my business continue or be sold in the event of my death?
We are ready to help you make these decisions and plan for them by preparing Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Advance Medical Directives, and other important documents. Call to schedule your telephone consultation with an experienced Maryland estate planning lawyer. At MacDonald Law Office, we have the capability to send draft documents to clients for review and discussion by telephone. If health concerns prevent you from coming to the office to execute your documents, we can give you detailed instructions for executing them at home.
We encourage current clients and potential clients to call us first before attempting to visit our office. We will be handling as much business as possible over the phone and by email during the pandemic for the safety of clients, ourselves and the general public. We are already completely set up to run our business from home if there is a lockdown or quarantine. The only aspect of our operation that may be different is our availability for in person meetings. These will be limited as much as possible. If the physical office is closed, our calls will be forwarded to a cell phone and responded to promptly.
MacDonald Law Office appreciates the impact COVID-19 is having on our clients and our communities. We consider the health and safety of our clients and employees to be our first priority. We are implementing the best health safety practices within our firm and will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our practices as necessary. We are committed to doing our part to reduce the spread of this terrible disease.