Criminal Defense Attorneys
Free Case Evaluation 410.348.7809
Former Prosecutors
Now We Defend

Seeking Modification of a Sentence

Contact Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Serving Salisbury, Ocean City, Berlin & Surrounding Areas

A judge can modify a criminal sentence if a motion to modify the sentence is filed within 90 days of the sentencing. Your criminal defense attorney can ask that a judge hold a motion for modification of sentence sub curia for a longer period of time so that a defendant can advise the judge later of his progress in certain areas (for example drug treatment). The judge may schedule a court hearing for the purpose of taking evidence and hearing arguments regarding the motion.

Hire Counsel Who Will Work for Your Best Interests

You can hire a different attorney to represent you for a motion for modification of sentence. A good defense attorney can draft a persuasive motion for modification and argue convincingly in court.

Andrew and Cynthia MacDonald regularly represent clients for the specific purpose of modifying sentences. Judges are usually reluctant to modify a sentence. However, we can advise you on the likelihood of success of such a motion and tell you the best way to achieve a reduction.

Talk to the criminal defense lawyers at MacDonald Law Office, LLC, in Salisbury and Ocean City, Maryland, at (410) 348-7809. You can also email us your questions using this form.

Contact MacDonald Law Firm, LLC

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.